Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Adventures Of Captain Underpants

| Working | May 15, 2017

(I am working at the information desk at my store and answer the phone. The caller is looking for the latest book in a children’s series and the computer says we have it in stock. I put the customer on hold and find the book. Success! Then I walked back to the phone and realize that there are three lines on hold and I have no idea which one is mine. Cringing, I pick up one of those lines and hope to every deity I have the right line.)

Me: *a bit hesitant* “Hi, were you waiting for Captain Underpants?”

Customer: “Um, no…”

Me: *NOOOOOOOO!* “Oh, I’m sorry; I’m sure your bookseller will be right with you.” *I quickly reach for the hold button, but not quickly enough*

Customer: “I’m sorry, but did you say ‘Captain Underpants’?”

Me: “Um… yeah…”

Customer: “Okay, that just made my whole day.”

Me: *relieved, but still wanting the floor to open up and swallow me whole* “Um, good. Someone will be right with you. Have a great day.”

(And that was when I learned how important it was to remember what phone line you had on hold. When I put her back on hold there was only one line still blinking, so at least I didn’t have to guess again.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!