Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That’s Some Real Rich Sauce

, , , , | Right | October 11, 2020

It is 2013. I am a cashier at a local supermarket. I’ve been checking people out and everything is going well. Then, a lady about my mom’s age comes up with a bottle of A1 sauce. 

Customer: “Hello, my husband told me to buy this and I want to make sure it’s not $6000.”

She points to a sticker on the cap that is most likely part of a scanner code.

Me: “Ma’am, I assure you that it’s not $6000. It won’t even be six dollars.”

Customer: “Well, you never know with this shutdown that’s going on. Obama and you guys are jacking up prices of stuff.”

I scan the bottle and it comes up as $1.50.

Customer: “Oh, is that all?! Why would you put a label that said that it cost $6000? You might upset people.”

Me: “I don’t know, ma’am.”

Customer: “Well, you need to be careful. You might upset the wrong person. I am an ex-lawyer and someone could sue you over these labeled prices.”

She pays and leaves. A little old lady is next in line.

Little Old Lady: “She’s lucky she’s pretty because she’s a stupid a**.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!