Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That’s One Way To Make A First Impression

, , , , , , , | Working | February 1, 2022

It was my first day of a paid internship, and my boss had called to ask that I arrive as early as possible. 

I was speeding a little and had just passed a bit of slow farm machinery when I got pulled over. The conversation was pretty much what you’d expect: “Do you know how fast you were going?” “What’s the rush?” “License and registration?” etc. I readily admitted to doing five over, because I was, and I said had I gotten called in to work early on my first day.

After an especially long wait of nearly twenty minutes, he returned with a warning for my speed and told me to slow down.

Two days later, I was at work, marking old paperwork to be sent to storage, when my boss entered the office with someone I’d met my first morning.

Chief: “Hey! I’d like you to meet [Officer]. [Officer]’s switching to day side, and he’ll be your go-to guy for questions.”

[Officer] just kind of looked at me. He knew me from somewhere, but he couldn’t place where. 

Officer: “I pulled you over on Monday, didn’t I?”

Me: “Sure did!”

Officer: “D***. If I had known it was the chief waiting on you, I’d have made you wait longer!”

The chief did not find it as funny as we did.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!