Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That’s One Vote For President Paranoia

, | Right | March 30, 2012

(I work as an election official at an early voting polling station in Finland. Early voting slips have to be sent to the voters’ own electoral districts before counting them. This means they are enclosed first into one envelope to ensure anonymity, which is then enclosed into yet another envelope with the address of the voter’s district on it. I am processing a lady voter’s slip.)

Me: “Okay. Now that everything is stamped and signed, we just have to enclose your voting slip into these two envelopes, and then we’ll be good as done.”

Voter: “What?! You can’t talk about the candidates here. This is supposed to be a neutral situation!”

Me: “I beg your pardon?”

Voter: “Don’t you know that it’s illegal to try to influence voters at the polling station? How can you not know that if you work here?”

Me: *confused*

Voter: “This is just unprofessional, you talking about the candidates’ numbers. I demand you discuss this with your coworkers at the end of the day!”

(The voter leaves, looking quite appalled. We did discuss the episode at the end of the day and onto the next day. The only conclusion we can arrive at is that the phrase “two envelopes” is clearly propaganda for candidate number two!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!