Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That’s One Bad Bunny

, , , , | Working | October 2, 2021

As I’m going about my business on the shop floor, I spot a lost toy unattended. I immediately pick the bunny up, check for damage, and then look around. There are no shoppers with young children in sight. I head to take it to customer service. I find one aisle on my route with multiple pushchairs and whatnot, including one child on the verge of tears. I decide to take a shot in the dark.

Me: *Loudly* “EXCUSE ME! Does anybody recognise this bunny?”

Mum: “Oh, my goodness, YES! Oh, you’re my hero!”

It’s the mum of the nearly crying child, so I return BunBuns and the child immediately resumes smiling. The mum thanks me and then tends to her child. Unfortunately, right at this moment, an infamously grumpy coworker who’s terrible with children makes her presence known, and it seems she saw what happened.

Coworker: *To the child* “You were silly to let go of that!” *To the mum* “And you should know better, trusting him with something so easy to lose in a supermarket of all places!”

She stomped off, completely oblivious to the dirty stares she was receiving. The mum was taken aback, and the child started crying. Thanks, [Coworker]. I really appreciate you undoing my good deed like that.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!