Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That’s It! Everyone Gets Chicken Tacos!

, , , , | Working | July 5, 2022

I work as support for the drivers of a popular delivery app. Most drivers are very capable of following instructions — unfortunately, not this one.

The driver claims to be confused regarding two orders that they received: [Customer #1], who ordered from a chicken place, and [Customer #2], who requested Mexican food.

Over the course of twenty minutes, I explained multiple times (the count was lost after four) that these orders were to be picked up at different stores with different locations and that each order would go to a different customer, each with a different address, but the driver just did not understand. English is not my first language, but the driver didn’t seem to be confused by anything I was saying, and they were providing clear answers, so I wonder how this person could not understand these very basic instructions.

In a particularly memorable moment, the customer provided to me [Customer #1]’s address, which I then looked at and confirmed was actually the address for the Mexican restaurant. I then reiterated, politely but firmly, which order was to be picked up where and who was supposed to receive it. Not two minutes later, they repeated the same address and claimed it was [Customer #1]’s.

I’m not sure how it happened, but it finally did go through. The driver finally understood that there were two stores and two customers, all with different addresses. They thanked me and hung up.

I couldn’t believe some of the stories on this website. I understand now.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!