Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That’s How She Rolls… Incorrectly

, , , , | Right | October 28, 2019

(I’m taking a customer’s order; she has asked for a cinnamon roll and a few other items.)

Me: *handing her the cinnamon roll before cashing her out* “Here ya go, ma’am.”

Customer: “What is this? I asked you for the cinnamon roll. The roll. The round one. Not… this!”

Me: “Ma’am, this is the cinnamon roll, but if you’d like to walk over to the bakery with me perhaps you could point out what you actually wanted?”

Customer: “I told you what I wanted. I just want my d*** cinnamon roll, and I want it toasted!”

Me: “Ma’am, did you want the cinnamon bagel?”

Customer: “That thing isn’t a d*** bagel! It doesn’t even have a hole!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, my mistake. Let me go toast that cinnamon roll for you.”

(Turns out, we’ve run out of the cinnamon bagels, so I return to my register, ready to face her.)

Me: “I regret to inform you we are out of that particular roll. Is there something else I could grab for you?”

Customer: “This wouldn’t be a problem if you had just grabbed what I asked for!” *huffs about for a minute* “Know what, just give me the d*** thing you had before.”

Me: “No problem, ma’am, I just have to go grab it because I put it away when you told me that wasn’t what you wanted.”

(She glared at me and then walked off with a drink cup, without paying.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!