Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

And That’s How The Entitlement Cookie Crumbles

, , , , | Right | October 31, 2017

(The bakery that I work in is on the main street in a small beach town. The town hosts events like Easter egg hunts, Christmas present finds, and trick or treating. It’s about 5:30 pm and I have just run out of candy when a woman comes in with what appears to be her granddaughter. One of my regulars has been talking to me at the counter, but moves over when the woman approaches.)

Girl: “Trick or treat!”

Me: “Your costume looks great! But I’m sorry, sweetheart; I just ran out of candy!”

Grandmother: “Are you serious?! It’s Halloween and you’re out of candy?”

Me: *taken aback* “Well, yes. I’ve had about a hundred kids come through today, and we close soon, anyway. You’re welcome to purchase one of our baked goods.”

Girl: “I want a cookie!”

Grandmother: “Fine. Give her a cookie.”

Me: *gives the girl a sugar cookie* “That will be one dollar, please.”

Grandmother: “I HAVE TO PAY? YOU WERE THE IDIOT WHO RAN OUT OF CANDY!” *pulls granddaughter out of store*

Regular: “Jeez, [My Name], some people are crazy.” *puts a dollar on the counter and a five in the tip jar* “Have a nice Halloween!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!