Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That’s A High Tea-Total

| Working | February 28, 2017

(I am in the drive-thru of the most famous fast food restaurant in the world, right around the time they’re introducing their new “cafe” to compete with coffee houses. It’s morning, but I’ve obviously missed the busy rush, as I’m the only car in the drive-thru.)

Me: “Hi, I’d like a medium hot tea with cream and two sugars and a [Breakfast Sandwich], please.”

Cashier: “Okay, your total is [total]. Please pull forward!”

(At the window:)

Me: “[Total] seems a little high… Isn’t the sandwich only [low price]?”

Cashier: “That’s right.”

Me: “How much is the tea, then?”

Cashier: “It’s [high price] but it’s part of our new [Brand] cafe line!”

(I’m late for work so I decide not to argue and just pay her. She hands me my cup and a bag and I leave. I take a sip of my drink, and am astonished to find that it just tastes like hot water. I open the lid and guess what? It IS just hot water. I opened the bag and inside there was a tea bag, two sugar packets, a creamer packet, and a stick to stir it with. So much for [Brand] cafe… I’ll never go back.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!