Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That Weedwhacker Needs To Be Put Out To Grass

, , , , | Right | April 30, 2020

I am heading to the customer service desk when I see a man at the desk with a weedwhacker. It looks like it is absolutely covered in at least a quarter of an inch of grass clippings with a thicker coat on the actual trimmer head. I overhear this while signing in as a vendor.

Customer: “I need to return this.”

The employee takes a dubious look at the weedwhacker.

Employee: “Okay. Do you have a receipt for it?”

Customer: “Ah, naw. But you’ll still take it, right?”

Employee: “Well, yes, but I would need to see an ID.”

Customer: “What for? Why do I need to do that?!”

Employee: “It’s company policy, and would you mind if I ask why is it being returned?”

Customer: “F***, I didn’t even use the thing! Why you have to make it so d*** hard?”

He almost throws the ID at her. The employee picks it up and types up the weedwhacker’s brand.

Employee: “Oh. Okay. You have the option of a straight exchange or a gift card.”

Customer: “I want money!”

Employee: “I’m sorry, but it’s above the amount that we’re allowed to give in cash without a receipt. I can’t override it.”

Customer: “Never mind!”

He snatches his ID and stalks off, shedding grass clippings with every step.

Me: “‘Never used it,’ huh?”

Employee: “You think he would at least clean the thing before making that claim.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!