Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That Was Her Mis-Steak

, , , , , | Right | December 9, 2021

We are on a work outing; everyone has ordered and the food eventually comes out.

Waiter: “Who had the steak?”

I go to speak up but get interrupted.

Coworker #1: “I did, I think. Oh, I can’t remember. Yes, that must be it.”

I let her have it, assuming mine will be out soon. Everyone gets their dinner, and the waiter brings one more.

Waiter: “Who had the chicken?”

Nothing.

Waiter: “Someone ordered the chicken?”

Me: “I ordered steak.”

Waiter: “Are you sure you didn’t order the chicken? I have only one dish left.”

Me: “That has celery; I can’t eat it. [Coworker #1], what did you order?”

Coworker #1: “The steak.”

Coworker #2: “I think you ordered the chicken, [Coworker #1].”

Coworker #1: “Oh, did I? Sorry.” *Laughs*

Me: “Well, I can’t eat that. How long for the steak?”

Waiter: “There will be a bit of a wait.”

Me: “That’s fine. If I could get what I ordered, that would be great.”

It was a wait. Everyone had finished their meal before I got mine. [Coworker #1] then tried to refuse to pay for the chicken meal she ordered. Then, she only wanted to pay for the chicken. She threatened to leave the restaurant but quickly sat down when reminded that she still represented the company and would be disciplined.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!