Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That Sale Tanked

| Working | December 29, 2016

(I go to purchase a full propane tank. Note that all the propane tanks are outside the store with the price for an exchange and for a full tank prominently displayed.)

Cashier: “Hi, can I help you?”

Me: “Yes, I’d like to purchase a tank of propane.”

Cashier: “Where is your used propane tank?”

Me: “I don’t want to exchange a tank. I want to purchase a full tank.”

Cashier: “You have to have an empty tank to exchange for a full tank.”

Me: “But I don’t have an exchange; I want to purchase a full tank.”

Cashier: “Then you have to go to Aisle D, get a brand new empty tank, bring it back here, purchase it, then exchange it for a full tank.”

Me: “But that doesn’t make any sense. The sign outside has the price for an exchange and for a full tank. Why can’t I just purchase a full tank?”

Cashier: “Because you can’t. You have to do an exchange.”

Me: “Then I guess I will shop elsewhere.”

(Next time I shopped there I mentioned it to another cashier who said all they have to do is scan the UPC code in the cashiers’ book. Sigh.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!