Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That Request Will Never Fly

, , , , | Right | December 27, 2010

(We hit a bit of turbulence. The ‘Fasten Seatbelt’ light goes on, and the captain comes on the intercom to tell us all to stay seated and buckled in. Shortly after this, a woman hits her call light. I come on over.)

Me: *bracing myself on the seat across the row* “Yes, ma’am?”

Passenger: “Could I have a glass of water, please?”

Me: “Ma’am, the captain has asked us to all stay seated for our safety.”

Passenger: “But I wouldn’t be getting up!”

Me: “Ma’am, the captain has asked us ALL to stay seated for our safety.”

Passenger: “Oh! You, too?”

(As I turn to head back to my seat I overhear her talking to the passenger next to her.)

Passenger: “But I’ve seen them moving around in all sorts of weather…”


This story is part of our customer treating staff less-than-human roundup!

Read the next story in this roundup!

Read the customer treating staff less-than-human roundup!


This story is part of our Terrible Airline Passengers roundup!

Read the next Terrible Airline Passengers roundup story!

Read the Terrible Airline Passengers roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!