Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That Manager Would Hanger You Out To Dry

, , | Right | September 13, 2021

I’m working in the fitting rooms one shift when a customer comes to the counter with an armful of clothes. It is policy to take the clothes from the customer to count them as they come in and when they leave to ensure there will be no stealing. Most customers don’t even bat an eye at the request, but this lady starts fuming when I ask for the pile of clothes in her arm.

Customer: “I already counted them. There are eight items!”

Me: “I’m sorry, but it’s store policy that I need to count them.”

Customer: “Just count the hangers in my arms. There are eight!”

Me: “I could get in trouble if I don’t count the items myself.”

I point to the camera.

Customer: “B****! Accusing me of stealing!”

She throws all items in her arms onto the floor in front of her and stomps off. I have a line of customers behind her, so I quickly pick up her pile to allow other customers through. Everything is moving normally until my manager comes up.

Manager: “A lady came up to me telling me you accused her of stealing. You can’t do that. I will need to write you up for that.”

I relay the actual story. The manager calms down and takes the pile of clothes from the customer that I haven’t had a chance to put away yet and counts the items. Lo and behold, there were some scrunched-up T-shirts (not on hangers) hiding in the pile of nicely hung sweaters, totalling twelve items! This is why we have to count items properly.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!