Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That Explains The Head-Shaped Dent In The Front Desk

, , , | Right | CREDIT: Dearless-Ad2991 | June 9, 2022

I work in a hotel. I’ve been watching the cameras as any night auditor does, and I’ve been watching these people for about five minutes now. There are about three of them and they’re just hanging around the car. The woman with them came in an hour ago attempting to make a reservation with cash. We do not take cash.

She comes in again.

Lady: “Hi, I just made a reservation online.”

She shows her confirmation number and booking information.

Me: “Perfect! I’ll just need to see your vaccination card and ID. Will it only be you in the room?”

Lady: “Yes, it’ll just be me.”

She provides the documents I asked for.

Me: “All righty.”

I say to myself, “Who’re the people outside, then?”

It’s at this moment I realize I don’t have a booking for this lady. Sometimes things happen, and the reservations don’t transfer over.

Me: “I’m not seeing a booking under your name. Is it possibly under another name?”

Lady: “Nope. It’ll be under my name.”

Me: “All right… Give me one moment.”

I check our emails, websites we’re affiliated with, and everything else I can. I’m starting to feel bad for this lady as it’s been about ten minutes of me navigating and trying to find her reservation.

Me: “All right. I’m going to contact [Website] support and see what I can do. I apologize for the wait; sometimes the reservations just don’t come through for a little. Let me see if they know why it hasn’t gone through.”

The lady rolls her eyes and sighs.

I contact [Website] and see if they have a reservation under the lady’s name, and guess what? They don’t. So, after about a ten-minute phone call with the support call line, I give up and hang up and ask the lady for her confirmation number again. She provides it, and it comes up with another person’s name.

Me: “I found a booking, but it’s not under your name. Do you know anyone named [Man]?”

Lady: “Yes, that’s my friend who made the booking.”

Cue the dirtiest professional look I can give someone with only my eyes. LADY, I’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR CLOSE TO TWENTY MINUTES NOW! COULDN’T YOU HAVE STARTED WITH THAT?!

Me: “All right. Will he be staying here tonight, as well?”

Lady: “Yes, he’ll be staying.”

WHAT?! Didn’t you just say twenty minutes ago that it was just you?

Me: “Okay. I’ll need to see his ID and vaccination report, as well.”

In comes [Man].

Me: “All right, I’ll just need to see the ID and vaccination card, please.”

Man: “I have my ID but not my vaccination card. Can I fax it to you?”

Me: “Unfortunately not. I’ll need to see either a photo or hardcopy.”

Man: “I just wanna get the booking set and ready to go. Why can’t I just fax it to you? We’ve been waiting here long enough.”

I decide to be a little petty and decide to tell the truth about why it took so long.

Me: “I apologize for how long it took, but your friend told me the reservation was under her name. I contacted support looking for her name, but she didn’t mention it was under yours. We will need a photo or a hard copy of your vaccination card, and I’ll also need a card on file for the payment for [amount].”

Man: *Completely unfazed* “Yeah, she’s a bit of an idiot.”

He shows me a picture of his vaccination card and a card for the booking.

Me: “All right, perfect. Here’re your keys. Have a great night!”

Man: “Oh, could I also get a key for our friend who’s staying with us tonight, as well?”

Me: *Crying inside*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!