Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That Exchange Didn’t Go Down The Toilet

| Right | October 7, 2016

(I am working at a well known coffee shop in a local mall. Just before closing I am cleaning the bathrooms. One is out of order and I have just soaked the other bathroom with bleach when an older couple and their grandson walk up.)

Grandfather: “He needs to use the bathroom right now.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but one of our washrooms is out of order at the moment. I’ve just soaked this washroom in bleach but if you give me a couple moments I will have it available for use.”

Grandmother: “NO. He needs to use it right now. It is an emergency.”

Me: “If that is the case there is another set of washrooms just across the food courts that is open.”

Grandmother: “That won’t work. He needs THIS washroom RIGHT NOW!”

Me: “I’m sorry but I just need a moment to wipe the washroom down. It is covered in chemicals that could burn his skin if I let him use it right now.”

Grandfather: “Enough of this. You are lying to us. You just don’t want to let him use the bathroom!”

Me: “I’m sorry but I’m not lying. I am trying to clean this bathroom and in the time we have spent arguing I could have had the bathroom clean and ready for him to use.”

(At this point the couple and their grandson stormed off and I went about cleaning the washroom. A moment later the same couple came up and I saw the little boy peeing in a coffee cup. Once he was done, the grandfather wordlessly but smugly handed the cup to me. I was so taken aback I just stood there in shock holding a large cup full of this boys pee!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!