Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That Actually Worked?!

, , , , , | Right | December 15, 2020

A friend and I are spending a vacation in Alghero, Sardinia, enjoying the food and drinks. This conversation is in Italian; I speak it fluently even though I’m Swedish. We each had a glass of prosecco. Mine is empty, so I go to the bar with a concerned and slightly sad look on my face.

Bartender: “How can I help you?”

Me: “There has to be something wrong with this glass; it seems broken!”

The bartender takes the glass and looks at it. There’s nothing wrong with the glass, so he looks at me, confused.

Bartender: “What’s wrong with it?”

Me: “There was nice prosecco in the glass, but suddenly, it was empty! I think the liquid went out through that hole on top!”

The bartender looks at me, even more confused. The owner of the hotel shows up in the bar, having heard the exchange. He has a grin on his face. He takes the glass from the bartender, looking at it with much concern.

Owner: “This is not good! I can see why this upsets you, but I can fix it!”

He bends down under the bar and takes out a HUGE champagne glass that easily fits half a bottle, fills it up, and hands it to me.

Owner: “There you go, miss. This glass won’t get empty that quick! But if you have any problems, you are welcome to come back and talk to me! This is on the house to apologize for the defective glass!”

I laugh and go back to my friend, who didn’t understand any of the conversation.

Friend: “What happened? And what’s with the giant glass?!”

Me: “I told them the glass was broken, so I got a new one!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!