Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Thanks For Setting Me Up To Fail

, , , , , | Right | October 15, 2022

Client: “We would like you to make a brochure insert for our DVD.”

Me: “Sure. What colours, font, pictures, and written content would you like?”

Client: “We don’t know. We’d just like it to be professional-looking. Just do what you think looks good.”

Me: “Sure thing.”

After doing some research on their business, I create a brochure based on the colours and fonts that they use on their website, as well as sourcing pictures from the DVD for the brochure.

Client: “Thanks for your effort, but we’d like to make some changes. We’d like the font to be plain Arial, remove the colours to just black and white, and remove all the pictures. We think they’re too distracting.”

Me: “I wouldn’t recommend that. You need at least some colour or pictures; otherwise, it’ll be boring and flat.”

Client: “Just remove them, please. And we’d like a copy so that we can show our CEO for approval.”

Me: *Shrugs* “Sure.”

After several days of waiting for final client approval, I finally hear back from them.

Client: “After much deliberation, we’ve decided that we no longer require the brochure. And we’d like to add that we are very disappointed in your design services, and we’d like a refund on our deposit.”

Me: “Oh? Why is that?”

Client: “We found the brochure too boring and unprofessional. I mean, there aren’t even any colours.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!