Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Thanks For Bugging Me

, , , , , | Related | March 28, 2022

I have just finished hanging out with my sister and am heading home. On one of the busiest streets in our town — four lanes each way and major traffic — my dashboard lights flash twice and then my entire car dies. I’m in the middle lane and I’m driving a VW bug, so I’m instantly terrified that someone will hit me.

I turn on the hazards and start to call AAA and let them know that I’m sitting in the middle of the road and need help. They tell me that they will have someone to me within an hour and I should get out of the car in case it gets hit.

I hang up and think I should do that since everyone is racing past, not stopping at all, until this huge lifted truck pulls up behind me. The driver hops out; he is dressed in camo from head to toe and just huge. When I open my door (because the window won’t work) he asks if I need help. I tell him I’ve got AAA coming but it will be like an hour.

He shrugs, whistles, and gets his three sons out of the truck.

Driver: “Well, we don’t want you to wait that long — it’s not safe — so we’ll just get you out of the way of traffic, okay?”

Before I could answer, he had his sons around my car, and then he walked back to the truck. They pushed me into the shopping center parking lot (with the truck blocking the traffic) and then stayed with me until AAA could get there.

They were on their way out of town, and they stopped and did what no one else would do, and to this day, years later, it still makes me smile.


This story is part of our end-of-year Feel Good roundup for 2022!

Read the next Feel Good 2022 story!

Read the Feel Good 2022 roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!