Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Thankless And Helpless

| Right | December 4, 2014

(I’m wearing a red polo and khaki pants while walking around a store whose logo looks like a bulls-eye. I notice a woman is kicking a large stereo in a box down the main aisle heading to the registers with her foot and carrying her son in her arms.)

Me: “Can I help you carry that?”

Her: “YES! It’s about time someone offered to help!”

(I am shocked as I pick up the box and follow her to the register.)

Cashier: “Did you find everything all right?”

Her: “No! I called for help for 15 minutes and no one showed up so I had to slide the box along the floor by myself. Then after I’ve been pushing this box for the last 10 minutes, this a***** FINALLY shows up to help!”

Cashier: “Ma’am, he… he doesn’t work here.”

Her: “Of course he does! He’s wearing your uniform!”

Me: “No, I just happen to like the color red.”

Her: “Well, you shouldn’t wear a red polo and khaki pants in [Store]!”

(She stormed out of the store after putting her box in a buggy. I assumed some humility and a thank you would have been asking for too much.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!