Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Thankfully, This Tail’s Ending Is Not Melan-Collie

, , , , | Right | November 19, 2012

(I’m a volunteer at a small animal rescue that takes in dogs and cats to be rehomed. A woman brings in a border collie that’s a bit excitable but otherwise okay. I’m busy walking another dog so I don’t get a chance to meet the woman. I go back to the office and overhear the owner of the rescue and another volunteer talking about the woman.)

Owner: “She’s moving to Australia, and she wanted us to take the dog.”

Volunteer: “I suppose that’s fair enough.”

Owner: “Except she’s taking her other two dogs.”

Volunteer: “Okay…”

Owner: “And she wanted to have the border collie put down.”

Volunteer: “But there’s nothing wrong with the dog! That’s awful!”

Owner: “I know. I told her that we only put a dog down if it’s incredibly vicious. She then agreed to give the dog to the rescue, but she wanted us to put the dog down if it wasn’t rehomed in a few weeks!”

Volunteer: “You’re not going to do that, are you?”

Owner: “Of course not!”

(Thankfully the border collie is still alive and waiting for a nice, caring new home!)


This story is part of our Animal Shelter Roundup!

Read the next Animal Shelter Roundup story!

Read the Animal Shelter roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!