Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Thankful To Know True History

| Right | March 7, 2016

(The store I work at has a lot of merchandise from around the world. We sell almost everything from furniture and home decor to food, kitchen needs, and even toys. A lady in her 40s comes up to my register and she’s very friendly. She strikes up a conversation.)

Me: “Did you find everything all right, ma’am?”

Customer: “I did! You guy have so many cool things here.”

Me: “That we do, ma’am. Getting ready for Thanksgiving, I see?”

Customer: “Oh, yes! Actually I homeschool my kids so I thought this was a great opportunity to teach them a little more about history.”

Me: “That’s a really good idea, gives them a little hands-on learning.”

Customer: “Exactly! I’m making it as authentic as I can. A first century Thanksgiving! I want my kids to experience how Jesus had his Thanksgiving.”

(I am so absolutely speechless that I just smile and finish with the transaction. She pays, thanks me, and then leaves. My coworker who is standing close by walks up.)

Coworker: “I’m actually really worried for her children’s education. Especially since she thinks Jesus had a Thanksgiving regardless that it was more than a thousand years after he died…”


This story is part of the Thanksgiving 2022 roundup!

Read the next Thanksgiving 2022 roundup story!

Read the Thanksgiving 2022 roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!