Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Texan Bull In A China Shop

, , , , | Right | December 11, 2014

(I am Canadian; I was born in Canada and have lived here all my life. I don’t look Chinese at all, though my hair is brown. This day, a racist customer decided I was Chinese.)

Customer: “Hey, [slur for Asian people]! Hurry up; we didn’t let you in this country to laze about!”

Me: *calmly* “Nice accent. Where are you from?”

Customer: “Texas. Now, d*** well hurry up! I have places to be!”

Me: “Well, first off, you’re Texan so you didn’t let me into the country. Second, my mother may have come to Canada thirty years ago, but it was from England where she was born and her great-grandparents were born! Third, my father’s family emigrated to Canada from England in 1926! So, no, I am not Chinese! Now get out of my country!”

Customer: “Call your manager! Right now! I’m getting you fired!”

Manager: *who heard the whole thing, in his best accent* “You need to tell this [slur] something, sir?”

(The customer ran away from my manager: a very annoyed, very big Chinese man.)


This story is part of our “Where are you from?” roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

19 Terrifying True Stories That Show Racism Is Still Everywhere In Society

 

Read the next “Where are you from?” roundup story!

Read the “Where are you from?” roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!