Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Testing Your Telepathy

| Learning | September 14, 2015

(We are going over an exam in class, which almost nobody passed.)

Professor: “So, I noticed quite a few people did very poorly on question four. Why don’t we start with that?” *begins explaining the correct answer*

Student #1: “Wait, what? When did we learn this?”

Professor: “What do you mean?”

Student #1: “I don’t remember you teaching us that…”

(Several other students chimed in that they did not recall learning that particular material either, myself included.)

Professor: “This is ridiculous! You’re all just lazy! [Student #2], you were the only one to get this question entirely correct, can you explain how you did it?”

Student #2: “Well…” *explains answer* “However, I learned this at [Other College] before I transferred here. I don’t recall you actually teaching this material to this class.”

Professor: “What? I know I taught you all this! It was right here in section 6-5!”

Student #3: “You told us to skip over that part of section 6. You said we wouldn’t need to know it.”

Professor: “I said there would be no class time dedicated to it. I never said to not learn it!”

Student #3: “So, what you’re saying is that we are responsible for learning the entire textbook, regardless of whether you actually cover it in class or not?”

Professor: “Yes!”

Everyone: “No.”

(The professor refused to not count that problem toward the test grades. While nobody failed the class, almost everyone had to retake it since the college requires a final grade of a C or better in order for it to count towards the degree. The college also refused to do anything about the situation, since this professor was the only one they had who was qualified to teach the course. I decided to no longer attend that college shortly thereafter.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!