Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Tech-Related Stupidity: Unplugged

, , , | Right | CREDIT: smohk1 | December 20, 2021

I get in Monday morning and one of our users reports:

Customer: “We can’t access anything! No email, Skype, Teams, Internet… anything! We can’t get on the network and [long explanation of things they can’t do].”

Me: “Okay, let’s look at your computer — bottom right corner near the clock.”

Customer: “Okay… it’s a circle with an X. Everyone is having the same issue.”

Me: “Okay, let me log into the local network to see what’s going on.”

I log into the controller and see there is no one connected to the network.

Me: “Okay, I think something got unplugged. Can you walk back into the network closet and check [connection] for me?”

Customer: “Where is that?”

Me: “Back hallway, third door on the right? I think?”

Customer: “Oh! You mean at the old building! We moved over the weekend.”

Me: “Excuse me, what?”

Customer: “Yeah, we moved. We left all the complicated computery-looking stuff with lots of wires at the old building. It looked really complicated and we didn’t want to mess anything up.”

Me: “Well… I think I figured out your problem.”

Customer: “How long will this take to fix? I need my stuff now!”

Me: “I’m looking up flights now… I’ll let you know.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!