Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Parental Guardianship

| Related | September 30, 2014

(I am a seasoned cosplayer, building a full suit Rocket Raccoon cosplay with a dancing Groot in preparation for New York Comic Con. I have managed to purchase two three-day passes to surprise my Trekkie/Whovian mother without her knowing. My parents and I are sitting at dinner when I’m about to break the news as a surprise.)

Mom: “ANOTHER box came from [Online Fabric Store] for you today. How much fabric can you possibly need?”

Me: “Well, I’m making Rocket.” *shows picture of work in progress*

Mom: “I thought your Guardians cosplay group wasn’t going to be competing until February. Why are you rushing to finish this?”

Me: *pulling badges from pocket* “Surprise! I’m actually entering the NYCC contest instead.”

Mom: “You managed to get tickets this year?”

Dad: “And how much did they cost?”

Me: “They’re three-day passes, so $65 each plus tax? About $140 total.”

Dad: “That is way too much money!”

Me: “William Shatner is going to be there.”

Dad: “Why couldn’t you have bought three?!”


This story is included in our Cosplay roundup.

Click here to read the next story!

Click here to go to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!