Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Taxing Faxing Over And Over

, , , | Working | March 6, 2017

(We recently hired a new guy to help out in the office, though mostly with mundane tasks. In his application, he stated that he has 10+ years of experience working in an office. On his first day, I ask him to fax a document to a customer. Several minutes later I get a call from said customer.)

Customer: “Hi. I called you yesterday about a document you wanted to fax to me.”

Me: “Oh, yes. A coworker is already on it.”

Customer: “I know… He can stop now.”

Me: “Sorry, how do you mean?”

Customer: “Just this second I’m getting my 26th copy.”

(I quickly apologize and tell him I’ll take care of it, thinking there might be a malfunction with our fax device. I run to the room where it’s located planning to plug it off, only to find our new hire just punching in the number of the customer again.)

Me: “What are you doing?!”

New Hire: “I’m trying to fax this stupid thing but it always comes back out!”


This story is part of our celebration of Not Always Right publishing over 100,000 stories!

This story is included in the roundup of Not Always Working stories to toast this achievement!

<< Previous Story  |  Roundup  |  Next Story >>

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!