Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Taking Stupidity To New Heights

, , , , | Right | December 21, 2009

(At a large chain grocery store, we have run out of room in the back room. We’ve placed five or six pallets of pop up near our exit, and to keep people away from them we have placed caution tape around them. A customer comes up to me as I’m talking to my coworker.)

Customer: “Get my son down!”

Me: “What?”

Customer: “My son is climbing on your playground, so make him come down!”

Me: “Miss, we don’t have a playground! What are you talking about?”

(The customer leads us to her son, who looks to be around five and is playing on the pallets.)

Customer: “I left him on your playground when I came in, and now he won’t come down!”

Me: “Please, those are stacks of pop and much too dangerous! You need to get your son down now!”

Customer: “No! It’s your playground and I don’t want to climb around the rope! You get him!”

Me: *to coworker* “Get the manager.”

(I go over and after about three or four minutes of bribing him with stickers, I get him to come down. By this time, the manager has arrived.)

Customer: *to manager* “You shouldn’t make your playground so tall!”

Manager: “I’m sorry, miss. We will fix it.”

Customer: “Hmph! I should hope so!”

(About an hour later, my manager came by, gave me a gift card, and another roll of caution tape to put up.)


This story is part of our Terrible Parents roundup!

Read the next Terrible Parents story!

Read the Terrible Parents roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!