Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Taking Stock Of Your Actions

, , , , , , , | Working | January 31, 2018

(A customer has just called to check the quantity on a product. The register says we have one, so I go to double-check. There is a customer standing right by where they should be.)

Customer: “Hey, do you have [odd piece] mechanic’s tool set?”

(It is the same set the person on the phone wants.)

Me: “We should… Ah, yes, right here.”

Customer: “Thank you so much! I was looking everywhere for this! I have to find one more thing. Where can I pay?”

Me: “Up front at the register. I’ll hold this for you up there while you shop around.”

Customer: “Thank you so much!”

(I return to the phone.)

Me: *to customer on phone* “Hello, sir? I’m sorry, but we don’t have anymore in stock.”

Customer: “That’s really weird. Your website says you have one.”

Me: “I’m sure it’s just an inventory miscalculation. If you hit refresh a couple of times, it usually gives the correct quantity. The website’s weird.”

Customer: “Okay, I guess. Thanks.”

Me: “Have a nice day!”

(I hang up as customer wanting the tool set in store comes up to the register.)

Customer: “Found it. Thanks for holding this for me.”

Me: “No problem. That’ll be [total].”

(I ring up the customer and they walk happily out with both of their items.)

Coworker: “Wait a minute. Didn’t the guy on the phone want that tool set?”

Me: “Yep.”

Coworker: “Did you just…?”

Me: “Nooo… No. No… Yes.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!