Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Taking Some Tips From A Certain President

, , , , | Working | May 7, 2020

I’ve applied for and am waiting to interview for a receptionist job at an office. I have experience and the interview is supposed to be at three. I’m right on time and the receptionist asks me to take a seat.

Okay, maybe the interviewer is busy.

I wait and wait. Thirty minutes go by and I’m trying to figure out how to leave. Just then, the interviewer is finally ready and apologizes for the wait. He’s a middle-aged guy with a crazed look in his eyes. We go to his office and sit.

Interviewer: *Fast* “I’m the new manager here. I just got transferred from [Nearby City] and there was a whole bunch of staff here. I fired them all! So, now I’m looking for new staff.”

Me: *Blinks* “Okay.”

Interviewer: “Yeah, they were all horrible, dreadful people and needed to be fired instantly! But I do need new people. So, you’ve worked in an office before?”

The interview went normally after that, but all the while, I kept picturing him pointing at me and saying, “You’re FIRED!” I’m sure he had his reasons for firing them, but I definitely do not want to work for someone who is so keen on taking people’s livelihoods. I went home and told my friends and family and they agreed. What do you think?

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!