Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

An Un-Fee-sible Request

| Working | August 18, 2016

(I work at a radio station, and we’re broadcasting live from the local trade show. I’ve been given a media pass by the organizers to allow me access. I show up at the main entrance, but the clerk stops me.)

Clerk: “$5, please.”

Me: “What for?”

Clerk: “That’s the admission fee.”

Me: “Oh, sorry. I forgot to show you this.” *I show him my media pass*

Clerk: “Doesn’t matter. $5. Everybody pays.”

Me: “I don’t need to pay. I’m with the radio station. We’re broadcasting live from the show today. This has all been set up with the organizers. They gave me this—” *I again show my media pass* “—so I don’t have to pay.”

Clerk: “We’ll see about that.”

(He gets on his radio and calls one of the organizers to the front. The organizer comes around the corner, sees me at the gate, and waves me in. I go to head in, but the clerk stops me and heads off to talk to the organizer. They begin to have a very heated discussion. Finally, the clerk comes back.)

Clerk: “FINE. You don’t have to pay.”

Me: “Thank you.”

Clerk: *with a smug grin* “BUT you’ve been disqualified for the door prizes!”

Me: “Fine by me.”

(Later that day, I’m interviewing the organizer live on the air. Before we go live, we have this discussion.)

Me: “I’m guessing you didn’t tell that clerk that, because the station donated the door prizes, I’m already disqualified.”

Organizer: “That is correct.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!