Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Taking It Old School

, , | Right | June 24, 2009

(I am working in the department office one day when an old woman calls me up.)

Me: *on the phone* “Radio, TV, and Film Department. How can I help you?”

Caller: “I want to take a class in radio.”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but our classes are part of the Bachelor’s degree curriculum. You can’t just take one class.”

Caller: “Well… how long is the Bachelor’s degree program?”

Me: “Four years at a minimum, but the average student takes five years to complete it.”

Caller: “FIVE YEARS?! I can’t do that! So where else can I take a class in radio?”

Me: “Why don’t you try [College]? They have a radio station, so they may have some radio classes. Here’s the number.”

Caller: “What kind of school is [College]?”

Me: “It’s a community college.”

Caller: “A WHAT kind of college?”

Me: “A community college. You know, a junior college.”

Caller: “HONEY! I don’t need no JUNIOR college. I am a SENIOR citizen!”


This story is part of our Old Folk With No Filter roundup!

Read the next Old Folk With No Filter roundup story!

Read the Old Folk With No Filter roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!