Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Taking His Wife’s Baggage Out On You

| Right | November 20, 2012

(I am working as an assistant manager at a department store and have been called to the refund desk. The clerk explains that a man at the desk wants to pick up some shopping that his wife has apparently left to be picked up. Unfortunately, we can’t find the packages.)

Me: “I’m sorry, sir. We can’t find the purchases. Do you know what register your wife went through?”

Customer: “The one up there.” *points to the entrance to the mall*

Me: “Okay, I’ll call up there and see if the bags are there.”

(I call up to the register area and ask the cashiers if there are any bags left for pickup; none are left.)

Me: “I’m sorry, sir. There are no bags at the checkouts either. What time was your wife here?”

Customer: “About 10 am…”

(I know we only had one cashier on at 10am, and that her shift had already ended. I try and call her, but am unable to reach the cashier and verify the story.)

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, I can’t reach the cashier.”

Customer: “I don’t give a s*** whether you reached her or not. Just go and get me what she bought and give it to me”.

(Obviously, I don’t know what she bought, nor am I giving him anything for free until I can verify his story.)

Me: “I’m sorry; I can’t do that until I can find out what has happened.”

Customer: “Give me my stuff!” *starts swearing*

Me: “I’m sorry, I can’t do that right now.”

(Suddenly, the customer takes a roundhouse swing at me. He does this a few times, when another customer behind him grabs the first customer by the shoulders, spins him around, and shoves him away.)

Other Customer: “Get out of here before you get into trouble!”

(The customer stomps off, and out of the store. A few hours later, I’m on the floor with my manager. I happen to look down the aisle, and see the same customer staring at me. Thankfully, it’s about 75 feet away so I have some time to think as he’s coming towards me. Anticipating another confrontation, I prepare to defend myself and tense up for a fight. The customer approaches me.)

Customer: “Hey, I wanted to apologize for the way I acted this morning. My wife had already picked up the stuff!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!