Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Taking Cosplay To A Whole New Scale(s)

| Right | September 25, 2014

(I’m a bystander at a convention where three of my friends are dressed as characters from a very popular ninja anime. One of them is dressed as a character who works with snakes a lot of the time and half the time can be seen with one draped over his shoulders. My friend shows up with an ACTUAL boa constrictor, about four feet long, wrapped around his neck. It is very even-tempered, so it looks like a fake snake hanging there. We’re at the concession area of the convention center and it’s still early, so no one has noticed the snake around his neck.)

Cashier: “Hi, welcome to [Restaurant]. Can I help you?”

Me: “Yeah, we’d like [menu item].”

Friend: *in character* “Do you perhaps have any mice for my friend, here?”

Cashier: *seems to recognize the character and laughs* “Sorry, [Anime Character Name], I’m afraid I’m all out. Love that thing by the way; I thought it was real for a minute there.”

(We almost got away with it, but my friend had a bit of a creepy streak and actually uncoiled the snake from around his neck, revealing it to be very much a real snake. The cashier screamed, staggered backward, and then bolted out from behind the counter, taking off down the aisle. The four of us made tracks out of the convention center before we were personally escorted out. I gave my friend a whack before we all started laughing hysterically.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!