Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Taking Account Of The Nice Attitude

| Right | July 22, 2013

(I have some problems with my cell phone bill being charged almost double what it is supposed to be.)

Me: “Okay, my account number is [number], and it says I’ve paid everything off!”

Customer Service #1: “Uh, no ma’am. That account was closed.”

Me: “What? When!”

Customer Service #1: “On the 13th. It says right here. Now, you owe $300 for account number [different number]. Honestly, you can see this all online.”

Me: “Um, no I can’t. I can see the info for account number [first number], but I don’t have an account with [second number].”

Customer Service #1: “Oh, you can’t see it? Let me transfer you to someone that can help with the website.”

Me: “What? No! Don’t transfer me!”

(She transfers me before I finish talking. At this point I am extremely annoyed. When the next person comes on the line, I am more than a little rude.)

Me: “Okay, here is what is going on…”

(I explain the whole long process.)

Me: “Now, why is there a different account number there, than what I have?”

Customer Service #2: “Okay, I see here that you put in a transfer of ownership, yes?”

Me: “Yes, it was my brother’s, and now it’s mine.”

Customer Service #2: “See, that’s why. Since you transferred it to your name, we had to cancel the old account and create a new one. The contracts transferred as is.”

Me: “Oh, that makes sense. I wish someone had told me that would happen, though. But why is it so high?”

Customer Service #2: “Let me see, huh. With your plan and discount, it should only come out to be about half of what you’re being charged. That is weird. Oh, here it is. For some reason it charged you for last month as well, but you paid that off on the other account, right? It shows a zero balance to me.”

Me: “Yes, I paid off last month, and that month was higher because I got a new phone.”

Customer Service #2: “Let me talk to my supervisor, and see if we can fix this issue for you.”

(I am put on hold for a few minutes.)

Customer Service #2: “Good news! My supervisor okay-ed me to remove the excess charges. Your new total comes out be $200. The reason it’s still a little high is because of the transfer of ownership fee, and your late fees for not paying on time.”

Me: “Thanks, but is there anyway you can remove the late fees? I’ve always used the automatic payments, and didn’t know I’d have to link to a new account.”

Customer Service #2: “Okay, since you were not notified you would have to make payments to this new account, and it shows here you have never been late with your payment before, I can waive those too.”

Me: “Oh, my God. Thank you so much.”

Customer Service #2: *a little surprised* “Uh, no problem, ma’am. I’m here to help.”

Me: “No, seriously, I know I was very rude and short with you before, and you’ve been nothing but patient with me.”

Customer Service #2: “Uh, you are very welcome, ma’am. Um, is there anything else I can help you with?”

Me: “I think that’s everything, but thanks again so much for helping me out.”

Customer Service #2: “You’re welcome, and have a nice day.”

(I think she forgot to disconnect the call at the right time, because I hear this right after:)

Customer Service #2: “Hey! The lady I just got apologized for being rude to me earlier, and thanked me for helping her!”

Customer Service #2’s Colleague: “Really? That’s never happened to me!”

Customer Service #2: “I know right?”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!