Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Take Stock Of Your Options

, , | Right | December 6, 2017

(A new personal gaming console has just been released, right before Christmas. I’m working in a computer game chain store that has a price match-policy. There’s a few caveats, one of which is that the other store has to have the item in stock. [Big Toy Retailer] has the new console for sale below cost. Because the demand is high, and the supply is low — especially in Australia — the [Big Toy Retailer] has sold out in every store in the country. People still come in to try to get a price match. Most are okay with my store’s policy, but a lot decide to take issue with it.)

Customer: “You say that you price match, so why aren’t you?”

Me: *pointing to the terms and conditions of price matching* “We do, madam, but as you can see here, the competitor needs to have the item in stock.”

Customer: “But it’s cheaper at [Big Toy Retailer]!”

Me: “May I suggest you buy it from them, then?”

Customer: “But they’re out of stock.”

Me: “Yes, they are. Anything else I can help you with?”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!