Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Always Right: 15th Anniversary Month! – 2009 Retrospective

, | Right | October 4, 2022

Dear readers,

Our 15th-anniversary extravaganza continues as we roll into the year 2009! This was the year of the longest total solar eclipse of the twenty-first century (July 22) and the release of Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (November 10). This was the year that brought us the first Avatar movie and Guy Ritchie’s first Sherlock Holmes movie. Also in 2009, American diplomat and pilot Chesley Sullenberger III safely landed an Airbus A320 in the Hudson river, saving all 155 people on board, after striking a flock of Canada geese.

And, fun fact, 2009 happens to be the year this particular editor graduated from high school!

Meanwhile, here at NotAlwaysRight, the company celebrated another successful year, 1,357 new stories, and the site’s highest-voted story ever with over 28,000 likes! Come along with us and enjoy the thirty best stories of 2009, assembled below for your reading pleasure!

 

Editors’ Picks – Our Top Fifteen Stories Of The Year

Highway Robbery – Pulled a blatant crime, returned to the scene of said crime, and then admitted to said crime in front of the police? Brilliant, I tell you!

When One Door Closes, Another Door Shuts – You could chalk this up to panic-induced confusion, but this is NAR, so we’re going with “stupid”.

The Dark Chocolate Knight – The world may not deserve heroes like this one, but it definitely needs them!

(more…)

Not Always Right: 15th Anniversary Month! – 2008 Retrospective

, | Right | October 3, 2022

Dear readers,

Our 15th-anniversary celebration continues as we delve into 2008, NAR’s first full year! This was the year of the infamous Hollywood writers’ strike, the premiere of “Breaking Bad”, the supremacy of the song “Low” by Flo Rida and T-Pain, and swimmer Michael Phelps’s record-setting eight-gold-medal win. Barack Obama won the US presidency and the New York Giants won the Super Bowl. The United Nations designated 2008 as the International Year Of The Potato, and research scientists in New Zealand created a tear-free onion.

Yes, folks, 2008 was quite a year, and it was made all the better by the THOUSAND-PLUS stories submitted by our readers! We’ve assembled a small selection of the best of 2008 for you. Enjoy!

 

Editors’ Picks – Our Top Fifteen Stories Of The Year

Definitely Not Right – Lesson learned: you should always encourage your friends and coworkers to share their stories on NAR!

Fibbing Fail – You shouldn’t lie, but if you insist on it, lie better.

Water You, Stupid – Just think: this person probably votes, and they may have even reproduced.

(more…)

Not Always Right: 15th Anniversary Month! – 2007 Retrospective

, | Right | October 1, 2022

Dear readers,

Can you believe that as of October 2022, Not Always Right has been around for fifteen years? This was the year the iPhone became a thing, Barack Obama was just a presidential candidate, and this little story (actually written by the NAR founder!) was published on October 18th.

Not Always Right was conceived as a way to showcase some of the hardships for retail workers and service industry employees from all walks of life. Nothing can wear you down like a toxic encounter with a bad customer, and over the years, many of you have passionately expressed how much you appreciate Not Always Right, and how it creates solidarity amongst our readership. You’re not the only one that dealt with a seething complainer who wants to speak to the manager on a daily basis!

To celebrate being officially ancient as far as websites are concerned, we’re making October 2022 our 15th anniversary month! We’ll be posting special roundups throughout the month, and starting today you can enjoy our first post, a 2007 retrospective containing all the NAR highlights of the year – well, the last three months of it at least!

 

Editors’ Picks – Our Top Fifteen Stories Of The Year

Kill Them With Kindness Paying my bills? That sounds made up.

God Complex – You waited years for that degree; you can wait a day for a reservation.

If A Is Equal To B… – Just give them what they want… even when it’s stupid.

(more…)