Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Always Right: 15th Anniversary Month! – 2013 Retrospective

, | Right | October 11, 2022

Dear readers,

It’s anniversary roundup time yet again, and now we’re off to the year 2013! The Playstation 4 and the Xbox One hit the shelves this year, Vine became the newest app for us to obsess over, and Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosted the Golden Globes. What Does The Fox Say? annoyed us all to no end, the first Sharknado film splashed onto the screen, and twin pandas Mei Lun and Mei Huan were born in Atlanta, Georgia.

The Big Bang Theory was one of the most popular shows of 2013, 12 Years A Slave won the Oscar for Best Picture, and the Boston Red Sox won the World Series.

In 2013, we heard Let It Go for the first time, and we also launched the Not Always Learning category here at NAR! We published over 6,000 submitted by our readers in 2013. Let’s take a look at some of the best!

 

Editors’ Picks – Our Top Fifteen Stories Of The Year

Good People Are Not Dime A Dozen – Once upon a time in London…

Fighting Hate Is Everyone’s Job – You love to see it!

He’s The Best Actor Of The Bunch – Sounds like this ghoul is finally done haunting this haunted house!

(more…)

Not Always Right: 15th Anniversary Month! – 2012 Retrospective

, | Right | October 10, 2022

Dear readers,

We’re diving back into our anniversary celebrations with a trip back to 2012! Many people believed that the world would end this year as suggested by the end of the Mayan Calendar, but it was not to be so! We’re still kicking!

Queen Elizabeth II celebrated her Diamond Jubilee in 2012, and the Mars Science Laboratory’s Curiosity Rover successfully landed on Mars. London, England played host to the Summer Olympics, where US swimmer Michael Phelps became the most decorated Olympian of all time with an astonishing twenty-two lifetime medals!

Marvel’s The Avengers smashed onto the scene in 2012, Gangnam Style went viral and became permanently lodged in our brains, and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 brought an end to a strangely delightful era of sparkly vampires and absurdly attractive werewolves.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch (Not Always Right), we launched the Working category and published nearly 5,000 stories lovingly submitted by our readers! Let’s take a look at some of the best!

 

Editors’ Picks – Our Top Fifteen Stories Of The Year

Revenge Is A Treat Best Served Sweet, Part 2 – Why would you raise your kid like that? Why?!

Little White Lies On Little White Christmases – Hits from the comments: “Wholesomeness level: Advanced.”

Well-To-Do, If A Bit Daffy – Duck nutrition aside, this is as wholesome as a baby duckling falling asleep on a rainbow.

(more…)

Not Always Right: 15th Anniversary Month! – 2011 Retrospective

, | Right | October 7, 2022

 

Dear readers,

We’re back with another celebratory roundup! This time, we’re taking a look at 2011. This was the year that William, Prince of Wales, married Catherine Middleton, Google+ and Snapchat went live for the first time, and Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows – Part 2 brought an end to an era. The King’s Speech won the Oscar for Best Picture in 2011, and Wikipedia celebrated its tenth anniversary. Adele launched her second studio album, 21, this year, and Aaron Rodgers carried the Green Bay Packers to victory against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLV.

Here at good ol’ Not Always Right, we introduced the Related and Romantic categories. We also launched our very own Facebook page in 2011, and it now has over 200,000 followers!

We hope you’ll enjoy this collection of stories from 2011!

 

Editors’ Picks – Our Top Fifteen Stories Of The Year

Snobbery Just Won’t Cut It – This is a prime example of being ugly on the inside.

Application Confrontation – Just one more reason not to be a jerk for no reason.

Enough To Make You See Stars – Frustrating, but… kind of adorable.

(more…)

Not Always Right: 15th Anniversary Month! – Not Always Working Retrospective

, | Working | October 6, 2022

Dear readers,

As part of our 15th-anniversary celebration, it’s time to dive into the best of our Not Always Working stories! This category was created for those rarer instances when the customer was (shock!) actually right, but also to create a home for all those stories between bosses and coworkers, good and bad, that might not immediately be around a customer- or client-facing position.

And are we glad we did! Since it was introduced, we have published over fourteen thousand stories that are not always working, but they sure seem to work for our readers! We’ve listed fifteen of the editor-picked stories, and the top-voted by you, our readers below! If you think we missed any NAW classics, please let us know in the comments!

 

Editors’ Picks – Our Top Fifteen NAW Stories

Fart Jokes Exist In A Vacuum – Hits from the comments: “Was the new vacuum gas-powered, or just the old one?”

The Early Bird Counts Its Chickens In The Bush – Hey, better the devil you know than a beggar on horseback.

May We Suggest Hire Education – To be fair, half the time, the application makes you copy everything from your resume anyway.

(more…)

Not Always Right: 15th Anniversary Month! – 2010 Retrospective

, | Right | October 5, 2022

Dear readers,

Let’s take a journey back to the distant year 2010. The Winter Olympics were held in Vancouver, Canada. The average cost of a gallon of gas in the USA was $2.73. (I could cry!) Apple released the first iPad tablet.

This was the year that Lost ended, Mockingjay wrapped up the Hunger Games saga, and Lady Gaga turned heads in a dress made entirely of meat. One Direction was formed in 2010, and Kesha rocketed to the top of Billboard’s Hot 100 Chart with TikTok.

Meanwhile, 2010 was a busy and successful year here at Not Always Right, too! We published over 1,400 stories from our delightful readers, and some of our stories started to go viral! Come along and see what else we had cooking in 2010!

 

Editors’ Picks – Our Top Fifteen Stories Of The Year

Not All Re-Cycling Is Good – Sure, let’s just stick our kids on potentially dangerous equipment with strangers.

Big Bother – These people do vote. Great.

Aisle Be Watching You – Hits from the comments: “How could anyone be this dense and not turn into a black hole?”

(more…)