Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The “T” In LBTQA Stands For “Texan”

, , , , , , | Learning | November 17, 2017

(Our class is doing presentations on news articles and how they impact us as global citizens. A girl in our class does a presentation about the Texas Transgender Bathroom Bill. When talking about how it impacts her as a global citizen, she says:)

Student #1: “This impacts me as a global citizen because it affects the LGBT community and their rights. It is important that others know about this bill and how it could impact others. It’s also important to me because I am a part of the community in this article, and I want to prevent my rights from being taken away.”

(It’s an incredibly powerful moment and it is very well-received by the class. As she goes to sit down, a student behind her taps her on the shoulder.)

Student #2: “Wow, [Student #1], I didn’t know you were from Texas.”

(Apparently, [Student #2] got confused about which community she said she was a part of.)


This story is part of the Even-More-Transgender-Stories roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

17 Stories That Will Have You Bursting With Love And Pride – For International Pride Month! 

 

Read the next Even-More-Transgender-Stories-themed roundup story!

Read the Even-More-Transgender-Stories-themed roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!