Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Swipe Left For This Customer

, , , , | Right | July 6, 2022

I’m ringing up an older woman who is struggling with the card reader. This is something I’m used to, so I try to be patient with her.

Customer: “I can’t find the swiper!”

Me: “It’s right here, this groove in the side.” *Points it out*

Customer: “I can’t find it!”

Eventually, she does find it, but she swipes it the wrong way. I have to swipe the card for her, only for the machine to say it’s a chip card.

Me: “Okay, just put the chip into the reader. This little square right here.”

She tries, but the transaction is cancelled.

Customer: “It asked for my PIN, and I’ve never had to put in my PIN before!”

Me: “If you don’t want to put your PIN in, then just hit the green button.”

At this point, a line has formed.

Customer: “It didn’t work!”

Me: “We’ll try it again.”

Customer: “Can you do it for me just so it gets done?”

I have little choice but to put in her card. I also bag her groceries myself.

Customer: *Passive-aggressively* “Thanks for not helping! Have a good day!”

If that’s how I get thanked for everything I did, then I hope she never shows her ungrateful a** back in my line.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!