Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sweetness Is Infectious

, , , , | Right | March 24, 2012

(Our natural foods store has a coffee bar that sells pastry items that are made in-house and is usually staffed by a barista. The bakery is located directly behind the coffee bar. I am working in the bakery. I hear a strange noise behind me and turn around to find an elderly gentleman standing at the coffee bar jingling his keys to get my attention.)

Me: “Yes, sir? May I help you?”

Customer: “What is the difference between these and these?” *points at cupcakes and muffins* “Why is one more expensive than the other?”

Me: “Those are muffins and those are cupcakes. Cupcakes have more expensive ingredients and take more time to make; that’s why they cost more.”

Customer: “But what’s the difference between a muffin and cupcake?”

Me: “Cupcakes have icing and are generally sweeter.”

Customer: “Why do they all have icing on them? Don’t you know there’s a diabetes epidemic! Sugar is dangerous!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir. I don’t make the cupcakes; I’m one of the bread bakers. If you have questions, the pastry bakers are here in the afternoon.”

Customer: “Why is there sugar in everything!? Don’t you know that sugar is bad for you?!”

Me: “I don’t make the pastry items, sir. The pastry bakers are here in the afternoon if you’d like to call and ask questions.”

Customer: “Diabetes is everywhere! You shouldn’t put icing on everything! It’s dangerous!” *walks away*


This story is part of our Cake roundup!

Read the next Cake roundup story!

Read the Cake roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!