Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sweet Slice Of Karma

| Working | March 31, 2015

(One of the guys at work has an annoying habit of offering out food other people have brought in. I’ve never said anything before, but I’ve always felt that he oversteps the mark. One day, we have a little get together for one of the guys that is leaving that day.)

Me: *out loud* “Why is there cake missing?”

Coworker: “Oh, I gave a bit to one of the shop-floor guys.”

Me: “What? You do realise this was for [Other Worker], who is leaving?”

Coworker: “Yeah, well, it was on the side so…”

Me: “So you just decided to give away something that wasn’t yours?”

Coworker: *defensively* “It doesn’t matter.”

Me: “Of course it matters. How would you feel to be given half a cake?”

Coworker: “Well, whatever.” *stomps out*

Other Coworker: “Well I’m glad you said something. That was totally out of line.”

(By the time he has finished pouting and returned to the office, the leaving worker has turned up and we have started dishing up the cake and handing over the card.)

Coworker: “Where’s mine?”

Me: “The cake? Funny thing is that is was already cut into exactly the right amount of pieces for everyone. For some reason when I got round to you there was some missing.”

Coworker: “You bunch of a**-holes.”

(Just like that, without even a word of congratulation to the guy on his last day, he stomped out again.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!