Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sweet Out Of Luck

| Right | June 4, 2016

(I work at a chocolate shop. Lately, every morning that I open, an older woman has been coming in and demanding free samples. We do have a sample tray so I’ve been obliging, even though she never actually buys anything. When I mention her to my manager she warns me that this woman has been doing this for a while and is suspected to also have stolen a number of items.)

Shoplifter: “Any samples for me this morning?”

Me: *having already hidden the sample tray, not wanted to indulge her anymore* “Sorry, none today.”

Shoplifter: “Aww, I want chocolate!”

Me: “Actually we do have a sale on right now, buy one get one free!”

Shoplifter: “I’m not paying for chocolate! I have no luck.” *she pouts but eventually leaves*

(Next day:)

Shoplifter: “I need a sample!”

Me: *getting incredible irritated but sticking a smile on my face* “Sorry, no samples today.”

Shoplifter: “Why not?”

Me: *making up an answer* “Well, corporate hasn’t told us what product to sample yet and we can’t just pick product at random to sample.”

Shoplifter: *sulking* “Aww, I want chocolate! You could give me one of those.” *points to chocolates in our display case*

Me: “Sure I could, for 1$!”

Shoplifter: “I don’t want to pay.”

Me: “Well, I can’t just give you free chocolates.”

Shoplifter: “Why not?”

Me: *starting to lose patience* “Because we’d go out of business.”

(The shoplifter continued to sulk and moan and started wandering through the store, turning around often to check if I was watching her. I basically followed her around the entire place until finally she left, muttering about how she had no luck!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!