Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sushi Scamba

, , , , , | Right | March 9, 2022

Our hotel has added a sushi restaurant to the lobby. Tonight is a hotel-wide manager’s outing; all departments are being supervised by supervisors only and the one for the sushi restaurant is relatively new in the department. She and the two waitresses, as well as the sushi chef, were all off last night.

Three girls come in, sit in the sushi bar area, ask for a manager, and then explain.

Customers: “We were in last night and got sick from a bad sushi roll.”

Supervisor: “Are you guests of the hotel? If so, I can credit your room.”

Customers: “We’re not.”

Supervisor: “How did you pay?”

Customers: “Cash. We want another dinner as compensation.”

They then ordered the exact same roll they had supposedly gotten sick from the night before. It was such an obvious scam, as no one who has ever gotten sick from something would eat the same thing any time soon, let alone from the same place the very next night. Unfortunately, they picked the perfect night as there wasn’t an actual manager anywhere on-site, and no one that was there that night had been there the previous night to refute them.

They ended up with $65 worth of free food, which they ate without a problem sitting there the whole time. Of course, they didn’t tip, either.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!