Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Supply And Demanding

, , , | Working | May 19, 2014

(I own and run a business of about 35 people. One day my secretary is on sick leave, so I answer incoming calls. I receive a call from a masked number who turns out to be my stationery supplier.)

Me: “Good afternoon, [Company]. How can I help you?”

Supplier: “Put me through to your manager!”

Me: “May I know who’s calling?”

Supplier: “Put me through your manager NOW!”

Me: “Sir, I cannot transfer you unless I know who’s calling and what this is regarding!”

Supplier: “Listen here you little s***! I want you to transfer me to your manager immediately, or I will make sure you don’t have a job in the morning!”

Me: “I seriously doubt it. Now tell me what this is about or this phone call is over!”

Supplier: “Fine! I’m the new manager and owner of [Small Stationery Supplier], and if you don’t hand over the phone to your boss now, I will get you fired by the end of the day!”

Me: “Not happening.”

Supplier: “Hand over the phone, b****!”

Me: “All right, enough! I am the manager and owner here. My secretary is not in today, so I answer all the calls. Since this is how you treat your customers, I will terminate our contract. I shall also inform my partners, whom you supply, how big of an a**hole you are, and see how that turns out for you.”

Supplier: “Who the h*** you think you are? I could destroy you! Now stop playing and transfer me, godd*** it!”

Me: “Wow, an a**hole and a moron… Good bye.” *hangs up*

(I kept my word, and terminated the contract and informed my partners about the call. The stationery supplier went out of business shortly after that. It turned out I was their biggest client.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!