Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Supernaturally Long-Lived

| Friendly | June 25, 2015

(I am 13, and go to a summer program where we get to go to a college campus for three weeks and take a college-level course of our choice. Towards the end of the session, we have a talent showcase. One particular kid is singing ‘Carry On Wayward Son’ by Kansas. This exchange happens with the girl I am sitting in the audience with.)

Girl: “Oh, my gosh! It’s Supernatural’s song! Do you watch Supernatural? They play this song on every season finale. The director should have hired a different band, though. These guys suck! ”

Me: “Are you talking about Kansas? The band that sings it?”

Girl: “So, you do watch Supernatural! Don’t you agree that a different band should have been hired?”

Me: *I’m a huge fan of classic songs like this, so I’m somewhat offended* “This song was made long before Supernatural was a thing. If I’m correct, it was made around 1975 or ‘76.”

Girl: “You’re such a fake fan! You’re just making up facts to make you seem smarter! I have been a big fan of the show so I would know more about it than you!”

Me: “When we can go back to our dorms, come to my dorm and I’ll look it up to show you that Kansas made the song in the 70s.”

(After dinner, we were able to go back to our dorms. When she came with me, I looked it up on my phone and when she was proven wrong, she said I didn’t deserve to go to the program and I didn’t deserve to watch ‘Supernatural.’ I’m actually a huge fan of the show now and every time I watch or re-watch a season finale, I think of this little debacle.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!