Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #67374

Unfiltered | December 1, 2016

(To add context, this was just after New Years where we still have a rush. As a high end super market we tend to get a higher caliber of customers. I am 19 in this but I look much younger which usually served to save me.
Customer 1 had come back to put her things through and then needed a pen, as she never had one and mine had been taken by a colleague I was looking around for a pen when Customer 2 gave me hers. I handed it back with a smile)

Me: thank you!

Customer 2: YOU DIDNT SAY THANK YOU!

Me: Ma’am I did, but I have a soft voice, people can’t always hear me. Thank you for lending me your pen!

Customer 2: STOP BEING SUCH A WIMP AND ADMIT YOU DIDNT SAY THANK YOU!!

Me: Ma’am I did say thank you and I’m sorry you didn’t hear..I swear that i said thank you

Customer 2: I AM A SPEECH THERAPIST!

Me: Ma’am I’m sorry

Customer 2: YOU DIDNT EVEN LOOK AT ME ITS ALL ABOUT BODY LANGUAGE!! I DEMAND TO SEE YOUR MANAGER (string of abuse aimed in my direction)

Me: y-yes Ma’am.

(My manager – who looks as formidable as a dragon and acts it too – came over, with the whole store watching)

Manager: Ma’am I promise that [my name] is always polite…

Customer 2: I AM A SPEECH THERAPIST!!! WHY ISNT SHE PUTTING MY STUFF THROUGH??

(I had assumed as she hated me so much that I was not worthy of touching her stuff. So silently and write upset I pushed all her stuff through being careful as she slammed it into her bags. All the while she is yelling abuse at me and manager)

Manager: why don’t we give you free flowers to make up for it?

Customer 2: I DONT WANT FREE FLOWERS I WANT HER DELT WITH!!

(This continued on for about 10 minutes, with the personal attacks at me. I always have said please and thank you, and always made sure to say it and this really shook me.)

Customer 2: Just F****** DEAL WITH HER! (She left at this point still yelling out her job in the way people do to show they are better)

Coworker: [myname] are you ok? Let’s close your till! Just think she has to actually live with herself!

Me: I-I don’t want her to win…please…

Customer 3: sweetie are you ok? (To her husband) can you get someone to get her a glass of water? (Back to me) she was well out of order are you alright?

Me: t-thank you (I had began crying after keeping it in for the entire time Customer 2 was there)

Customer 3: I worked in customer services, I never had someone as crazy as her. You handled her pretty well…but you need a break play sweetie? Let me get your manager so she knows you were not at fault!

(I never saw customer 2 again – I hope she got home and realised what she did. I also never saw Customer 3 again but I can’t thank her enough for possibly saving my job.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!