Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It Would Be A Special Sunday If You Did Not Come Back

, , , | Right | September 14, 2018

(We have a regular who comes in most Sundays. She doesn’t seem to understand that employees change and people that were working there years or months ago are no longer with us. She always expects us to know what she wants, calling it the “Sunday special.” On this particular Sunday, I am working my first ever Sunday shift, along with a cashier and manager that both transferred earlier this week from another location.)

Cashier: “Welcome to [Fast Food Restaurant]. How may I help you?”

Customer: “Sunday special.”

Cashier: “I’m sorry, I don’t know what that is. Could you please tell me?”

Customer: “I want your manager.”

Supervisor: “I’m the supervisor for this shift; how may I help you?”

Customer: “She doesn’t know what I want. You ring it in.”

Supervisor: “I’m sorry, but we’re all new to this location; could you please tell us what you’d like?”

Customer: “I’ve been coming here for [however many years]. Find the boy that knows my order.”

Supervisor: “We have several men that work here, and none of them are in today. But if you’d tell us what you’d like, I’ll be happy to make it and do my best to remember it for next time.”

Customer: “They told me it’s in the office. Find my order in the office. Your general manager put it there.”

(At this point it’s been close to five minutes of her refusing to tell us her order.)

Supervisor: “I’m sorry, but if you don’t tell us what it is you would like, I can’t serve you. So, please, either tell us what you would like, or move out of the way for the next guest to place their order.”

Customer: “Okay, I can tell you just this once, but if you don’t know it next time, I’m making a complaint.”

(She finally told us. It was a plain hamburger with lettuce and tomato on the side. She wasted five minutes for an order we could have made in under one. I wish I could say this only happened once, but every time there is a new staff member working, it happens again.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!