Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Summarizing The Sign Situation So Succinctly

, , , | Right | April 7, 2022

My local vet office recently decided to upgrade their computer system. They had signs everywhere in the clinic, on every single door, on every single desktop, basically, everywhere they could find to put them, announcing that they would be closed for one day while they transferred from written clinical notes to computerized ones.

We happened to be taking our new feral kitten in for her first check-up with our vet, and I jokingly asked the veterinarian:

Me: “Do you think you have enough signs?”

She laughed.

Veterinarian: “I did mention to the office manager that I thought it might be excessive.”

Me: “The problem is that one sign suffices for those who read them and you cannot make enough signs for those who ignore them.”

The next time we went in happened to be just before Christmas. I brought her a Christmas present, which was a wrought iron wine bottle holder with two bottles of wine, but since it was an office, I didn’t want to be carrying around alcohol in plain sight of other clients, so I put it in a paper bag and wrote a note on the outside.

Note: “I was going to tell you to take a drink for every customer who asked why are you weren’t open on Monday, but I didn’t want you guys to get alcohol poisoning.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!