Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s Suite To Say “I Told You So”

, , , | Working | September 16, 2017

(We have a new manager hired and she’s very nice, but seems naive. Our hotel has a standard room, and a few suites that have refrigerators and microwaves. I notice that we are oversold on these suites.)

Me: “Why are we oversold? We were okay!”

Manager: “I know, but then the family in [Suite] said their remodeling isn’t done, so they need another day.”

Me: “So, you extended them?!”

Manager: “Well, yeah.”

Me: “What are we going to do about the people who have booked the suite?! They’ll be furious if they have no place to go! They’re from a wedding group!”

Manager: “Calm down; I’ll just give them two standard rooms. They should be happy with getting two rooms for the price of one! We’ll just explain to them exactly what happened.”

Me: *muttering* “You clearly don’t know how people are…”

Manager: “Don’t be so negative; they’ll be perfectly alright!”

(When the wedding group comes in, my manager explains to them what has happened and what they are going to get instead. Needless to say, they are absolutely FURIOUS that their suite isn’t available anymore and demand their money back. After some arguing, they get their rooms comped.)

Manager: “…well, I didn’t know they’d be so angry!”

Me: *head-desk*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!